Heartsaver First Aid
The Heartsaver First Aid Course is designed to prepare people to provide First Aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner. The course goals include cognitive and psychomotor objectives. This course is for people with limited or no medical training who need a credential in First Aid. Anyone needing or desiring a Heartsaver First Aid Course completion card can take this course. Course is taught by lecture, video and student participation.
- Review the first aid steps for medical emergencies.
- Breathing problems, chest pain & heart attack, fainting, diabetes, stroke, & seizures.
- Heimlich maneuver.
- Review the first aid steps for injury emergencies.
- Bleeding, mouth injuries, shock, broken bones, sprains & bruises, burns & electrocution.
- Review the first aid steps for environmental emergencies.
- Bites & stings, temperature-related emergencies & poison emergencies.
- Administration of an epinephrine pen.
- Course meets the requirements for Basic First Aid, certification valid for two years.
- Course length is approximately 3-4 hours with a written review exam.