Family & Friends CPR
The Family & Friends programs include Family & Friends CPR and Family & Friends First Aid. The Family & Friends Course is designed to prepare people to provide CPR and First Aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner. The course goals include cognitive and psychomotor objectives. This course is for people with limited or no medical training who want to learn more about CPR or First Aid. Anyone interested in learning about CPR and/or first aid may take this program. Course is taught by lecture, video and student participation. Students will receive a program participation card. These programs do not issue a course completion card. Anyone who is seeking a course completion card should take a Heartsaver course.
- Learn hands-on with a manikin for one person to administrate CPR to one victim.
- Group participation to develop skills with a manikin.
- Identification of the signs and symptoms of airway obstruction including dislodging techniques.
- Recognition of the early warning signals of respiratory and cardiac arrest.
- Identification of the signs and symptoms of stroke.
- Child and infant CPR are presented.
- Course length is approximately 3 hours. Student receives a participation card.